Paris is somewhere that I always wanted to travel to. The photos I had seen were so amazing and I couldn’t wait to visit. I can tell you right now that it is just like the photos you see, minus the crowds of tourists… All the amazing cafes with the chairs facing onto the streets and the streets filled with buildings with amazing architecture. I was only there for 3 nights but so happy I was able to tick this place off my list. I was there with friends and we pretty much did everything we wanted to see, plus extras. The Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe were stunning. We visited The Lurve, Palace of Versailles, Catacombs and had a night out to a Cabaret Show. We had a picnic under the Eiffel Tower with champagne of course. That was definitely a highlight.
What to do:
– Climb the Arc de Triomphe (€13)
– The Lurve (€17)
– Palace of Versailles (€20)
– Catacombs (€30)
– Cabaret Show (€65)
– Food. Literally every meal I ate was delicious.
– Tourist attractions are as amazing as the photos you have seen. If not better!
– Weather. Paris in summer is lovely. If you can deal with the city filled with tourists I recommend going in summer for sure!
– Cabaret show or any other type of show. It can be a little pricey but is a great night out.
– The lines for all the tourist attractions were ridiculously long (I went in PEAK season (summer)). So try and get in early by buying the tickets online if you can. You will save yourself so much time! and it gives you more time to see and do other things too.
– People trying to sell you selfie sticks and key rings every 5 minutes. Only at the major tourist attractions though.
Check out my other posts from travelling to Bali.